AGREEMENT FOR THE RENTAL OF SNOWSPORTS EQUIPMENT
This Agreement governs the rental of snowsports equipment by SkiHire2U (Chalet Mamerlarde, 2451 Route de la Dranse, Châtel, 74390 France). Should the Client wish to rent snowsports equipment through this Internet Site they shall, in order to become a Client, register by filling in a form and following the instructions online, providing surname, name and address.
According to the law n° 78-17 dated 6th January 1978 on IT, computer files and liberties, the Client is granted a right to access and modify any registered information held regarding himself which we shall supply upon request in writing.
The rental of the snowsports equipment, as summarised on the internet site, will only be validated if the Client agrees to the conditions described herein under.
– Client- shall mean any person renting equipment with SkiHire2U. The Client can rent equipment for several people but will be held solely responsible for all equipment supplied by SkiHire2U.
– SkiHire2U– shall mean the company SkiHire2U.
Article 1 : Rental Prices and Payment Conditions
- Rental Prices
- Rental prices are as listed and depend on the type of equipment rented by the Client.
- SkiHire2U offers several categories of equipment that are described on the Internet Site together with the relevant prices.
- Payment can be made with a credit card (CB, visa, eurocard or master card) which is recognised by the international network, GIE Cardbank or in cash at time of rental. If paying in cash, credit card will be required for security against any damage, loss, theft or late return.
- The Client gives mandate to pay the total rental price when he validates the rental by signing receipt of goods on first day of hire.
- A pre-authorisation of an amount equal to total hire costs plus 20% will be taken on Client’s credit card prior to handing over rental equipment – the exception to tis being partner chalet guests who will not pay a deposit.
- SkiHire2U reserves the right to cancel any rental should the pre-authorisation not be accepted by the credit card company.
- The Client will be sent a booking confirmation confirming the rental. This booking confirmation, which includes a summary of the rental conditions, confirms and validates the transaction.
Article 2 : Delivery and usage of rental equipment
- The rental equipment will be delivered to the client address within 15km of our head office. The time of delivery will be agreed with the Client 7 days prior to delivery with an individual Client or 14 days with chalet staff if supplying chalet guests.
- The rental equipment will only be handed over to the Client on presentation of the booking confirmation at the time of rental and pre-authorisation is made.
- The equipment will be set up using international standard DIN settings based on the information provided by the client at the time of booking – it is the clients responsibility to ensure this information is correct.
- The client understands and agrees that neither the SkiHire2U professionals hiring the equipment, SkiHire2u, nor their affiliate or subsidiary corporations, nor any of their respective employees, officers, agents or assigns accept any responsibility for any death, injury or other loss suffered by the client to the extent that it result from my own conduct or any matter or condition under my control that amounts to my own contributory negligence. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the ski professionals, SkiHire2U and all parties referred to above, the clients participation is entirely at their own risk. The client acknowledges having read this Statement and have read all of the terms and conditions before hiring any equipment.
- SkiHire2U will provide the chosen equipment or equivalent.
- SkiHire2U may store the details of the credit card used for the payment of the rental, in order to cover any loss or theft of the equipment and/or to cover cases in which the Client does not make available the snowsports equipment for collection at the agreed time and place, as defined in article 3.
- SkiHire2U may also pre-authorise, at the time of payment, an amount equivalent to the total “excess” of the rented snowsports equipment, such amount being debited from the credit card only in the case of loss or theft or unreturned equipment. This authorisation will lapse after the collection of the equipment in good condition.
- The Client accepts there is no insurance against any damage or theft of the equipment and that the safe return in good condition is the sole responsibility of the Client.
- The Client becomes fully responsible for the rental equipment as soon as it is issued to him.
- The Client alone shall be the sole judge of whether he is capable of using the rental equipment.
- The minimum age for snowboard rental is 10 years.
Article 3 : Return of the rented snowsports equipment and Liability of the Client
- The equipment must be returned to the same point where it was issued ready for collection.
- The equipment must be returned at the end of the defined and confirmed rental period. Should the Client not return the equipment on this date, he will be invoiced for and shall pay all additional days of rental at the standard rate. The day rate applies to any piece of equipment returned after 8pm on day of hire.
- Should the Client not be able to return the equipment for any reason whatsoever, he will be invoiced and shall pay SkiHire2U any late fees, in addition to the excess and the rental fee due.
- All equipment is deemed issued in a good state of order and shall be returned in the same state. All equipment is numbered and branded and shall be returned with the same number and brand. Any excessive damage, deemed to be negligent, will imply payment by the Client of replacement or repair costs. The maximum limit of the replacement / repair cost will be the cost of replacing the ‘as new’ equipment. This cost will be in addition to the rental costs already paid.
- The Client hereby expressly agrees that SkiHire2U may appropriate from his bank account any due amount in case of late or non payment of excess fees, by using the credit card number and expiration date given by the Client.
Article 4 : Rights to cancel the rental.
- The Client may, within 7 calendar days from the date of confirmation of the rental (date of the confirmation email), cancel the rental agreement by letter to SkiHire2U with proof of delivery. If the end of this period falls on a Saturday or a Sunday it shall be automatically extended to the next working day.
- Any amount paid by the Client will be reimbursed within 30 days, and credited to the client by using the Client’s credit card number and expiry date.
- In the event of lack of snow or personal injury, SkiHire2U will not be able to refund unused rental days.
Article 5 : Applicable laws and jurisdiction.
- In case of discrepancies between the French version and the English version of this Agreement, the provisions of the French version shall prevail.
- This agreement is subject exclusively to French law and is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of France.
SkiHire2U offers customers the option of insuring your equipment hire against accidental damage loss or theft. This does not include any equipment being forgotten lost or accidentally exchanged at any time during the hire.
Customer’s obligations in case of loss:
- In case the ski equipment is stolen, the customer must report the theft to the relevant authorities, in this case the police and complete a copy of the incident loss or damage form obtained from SkiHire2U.
- In the event of damage to the ski equipment, the customer must return the damaged equipment to SkiHire2U.